The Parisian Van Cleef and Arpels school offers a New York Program for students aged over 18 during the first 2 weeks of June. A twelve courses curriculum tailored around three major jewelry themes.
What? Twelve courses of four hours each divided in three chapters during two weeks.
The Jewelry Savoir-Faire ($720) :
1) Discover the Jewelrer’s Gestures
2) Explore and Create: from design to mock-up then from the wax project to the setting techniques
3) Dive into the heart of mechanical watch
The Universe of Gemstones ($720) :
1) Discover the gemstones and recognize them
2) Fascinating Diamond: History and Legends then Science and Gemology
Art History of Jewelry ($360) :
1) Jewels through History
2) Art Nouveau and Jewelry: 20 years of Creative Liberation
3) The story of Talisman Jewels
4) Entering the VC&A universe
Where? At the Cooper Hewitt Smithonian Design Museum, 2 East 91st Street, New York, NY 10128 (between Madison and Fifth avenues).
Why? For those of you who want to learn about the many facets of the watchmaking and jewelry and whose desire is to enrich your life in becoming an inititated amateur to this world with a hands-on personal experience about the great craftmanship of jewelry.
When? From June 4th until June 18th, 2015.
A four-hours course starting at 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
More information regarding registration at: http://us.lecolevancleefarpels.com/index.php/courses.html